All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages (including, but not limited to, the University logo, and all text, layout, graphics, video and audio material and artwork) are owned or controlled for these purposes by the University of Warwick unless otherwise stated.
Content on web pages at Warwick is the responsibility of the project team and do not necessarily represent the views of the University of Warwick.
Open Data Licence
- British Black and Asian Shakespeare Database by the University of Warwick, edited by J. Rogers and others, and funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council 2012-2015, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Data and content in this database is made freely available under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence.
- Images displayed in this database may have individual rights. Rights to use images on this web site has been granted by the rights holders to the University of Warwick and the British Black and Asian Shakespeare Performance Database. To find out more about the rights of a specific image, click on it for image metadata.
- Source code for this website is licenced under the GNU GPL v3.0 and is built using the Drupal CMS project. Please use the contact form if you wish to obtain a copy of the source code.
You are free:
- To Create: To produce works from the database.
- To Adapt: To modify, transform and build upon the database.
As long as you:
- Attribute: You must attribute any public use of the database, or works produced from the database. For any use or redistribution of the database, or works produced from it, you must make clear to others the license of the database and keep intact any notices on the original database.
Please cite BBAS when you have used it using the following conventions:
- References to individuals:
'Josette Simon', British Black and Asian Shakespeare Performance Database, https://bbashakespeare.warwick.ac.uk/people/josette-simon, accessed 23 March 2016.
- References to other web pages:
'About', British Black and Asian Shakespeare Performance Database, https://bbashakespeare.warwick.ac.uk/about, accessed 23 March 2016.
The database will continue to be updated so make sure you are citing the most recent version.